Endorse joint statement for a better housing future
by PILCH Homeless Persons' Legal Clinic.
19th July 2012
The Victorian Government recently announced a public consultation to inform the development of a future social housing framework. In support of expanding accessible, affordable and appropriate homes, seven Victorian housing, homelessness and family violence peak organisations joined together around five key housing priorities.
We commend the Victorian Government’s commitment to developing a social housing framework and invite you to join us in supporting a better housing future in Victoria.
We are looking for your help to ensure all Victorians have a decent, affordable place to live. By endorsing the joint statement from the community sector, you are adding your voice to a common platform to achieve progress on a fundamental need of all Victorians.
How you can help:
Read the Joint Housing Framework Statement (attached below) from Victoria’s housing and homelessness peak organisations.
To endorse the Statement, please send the following information, by 17 August 2012, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Name and address of organisation
- Name, position, email address and phone number of the person authorised to endorse the statement on behalf of the organisation
- Name, address, email address and phone number
Please note: We will only make public the names of community organisations, and the full names of individuals who endorse the statement. All other details are only collected to validate signatories, and will remain private and not be shared beyond the seven housing and homelessness peak bodies who formulated the statement.
From the following housing, homelessness and family violence peak organisations:\
- Victorian Council of Social Service
- Council to Homeless Persons
- Tenants Union of Victoria
- Community Housing Federation of Victoria
- Victorian Public Tenants Association
- Domestic Violence Victoria
- Public Interest Law Clearing House - Homeless Persons' Legal Clinic