CHANGES MADE TO THE SEGMENTED WAITING LIST
21st June 2012
Changes are being made to the way the Segmented Waiting List works.
What these changes are:
- the ‘Homeless with Support’ segment has replaced ‘Recurring Homelessness’ (segment one)
- designated support programs with an EPRIN can now lodge Homeless with Support applications on behalf of homeless clients directly with the Department of Human Services
- homeless clients may be eligible to have existing public housing applications upgraded from segments two or three to the Homeless with Support segment. Designated support programs can apply for upgrades on behalf of their clients by completing a Homeless with Support upgrade form
These changes are designed to:
- reduce the complexity of the application process for agencies and clients
- afford clients of Department of Human Services (DHS) and Department of Health (DH) funded support services who are homeless or experiencing domestic violence the highest priority
- improve communication between DHS Housing officers and support services in the application and allocation process.
More information about the changes is detailed in a fact sheet you can download below. Please read the fact sheet to find out how these changes affect you.
The fact sheet should equip you with the information you need to begin lodging housing applications under the new Homeless with Support category. We will also be holding regional cross-sector information sessions to provide you with further information and an opportunity to ask questions about the new assessment and application process.
Dates and venues for these sessions are attached.
The Department will be running Regional Forums starting from the end of June for staff to attend in which the changes will be explained. For the NW region there are 6 forums to choose from.
All metro forums will take place in the City at 50 Lonsdale Street. If you would like to attend please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which forum you would like to attend.
The times and dates for the METRO forums are:
- Friday 29 June 2012,9.30am – 12.00 MELBOURNE - Room 1.03, 50 Lonsdale Street
- Friday 29 June 2012, 1.00pm – 3.30pm MELBOURNE - Room 1.03, 50 Lonsdale Street
- Tuesday 3 July 2012, 9.30am – 12.00MELBOURNE - Room 1.10, 50 Lonsdale Street
- Tuesday 3 July 2012, 1.00pm – 3.30pm MELBOURNE - Room 1.10, 50 Lonsdale Street
- Friday 20 July 2012, 9.30am – 12.00 MELBOURNE - Room 1.03, 50 Lonsdale Street
- Friday 20 July 2012, 1.00pm – 3.30pm MELBOURNE - Room 1.03, 50 Lonsdale Street
Should you have any questions please email the policy hotline at email@example.com.